Black New York Typography Bookend by Susan Bradley. Designed by Susan Bradley, this bookend is from Susan's typography series. The black NY bookend, complete with its very own Big Apple, would look great on any book shelf, either in the home or office. The New York Bookend measures approx H10.5 x W14 x D12cm and is made in England, using powdercoated steel.
Some interesting New York facts:
• Its roots go back to 1624 as a trading post by Dutch colonists, and was named New Amsterdam in 1626.
• It was renamed New York in 1664 after it came under English control and King Charles II granted the lands to his brother, the Duke of York.
• It was the capital of the USA from 1785 to 1790.
• It has been the most populated city in the USA since 1790.
• 'The Big Apple' is a nickname for New York City, first popularised in the 1920s by John J Fitzgerald.
Donít forget - all orders £35 or over qualify for free UK delivery and are backed by our 'no quibble' 21 day returns policy!
(See Conditions of Use
for more details)